- 3 Day Spider Lake (+Hike)
- Jun 14, 2013 - Jun 16, 2013
- Massasauga Provincial Park -
The 3 Day Canoe & Hike Spider Lake trip is perfect for the weekend adventurer looking to get the most out of Ontario's backcountry. Only a short paddle away, we'll set up camp on the eastern shore of Spider Lake for an evening of fine food and campfire camaraderie. The following day we'll trade in our canoes for hiking boots, and follow a scenic trail to the edge of Georgian Bay. After soaking up the natural and cultural history of the area, you'll return to camp for yet another relaxing evening under the stars.
Rate: $540.00 Cdn / person (plus HST)
Family, group and custom outfitting rates available upon request
Full Gear and Equipment Outfitting - Field tested by our staff, we only choose the industries best equipment for your adventure (canoe, tent, kitchens, etc)
Certified Wilderness Guide(s)
Full Menu Options - We source the very best locally/home grown, organic and nutritious ingredients for our menus
Trip Length: 3 Days
Trip Type: Return
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Distance Traveled: 15km
Number of Portages: 2
Longest Portage: 368m
Average Portage Length: 368m
Hike Length: 5km
Day 1: Three Legged Lake Access Point - Spider Lake (10:00am)
• Arrive at access point and prepare for trip departure.
• Before departure, a discussion will be conducted by your guide(s) to review safe canoeing procedures, a short on the water session to show proper paddling techniques, followed by a breakdown of your day's itinerary.
• Depart from access point at east end of Three Legged Lake. Paddle approximately 2km west towards portage.
• Portage 368m to Spider Lake
• Enjoy a floating lunch once on Spider Lake
• From portage camp is a 5km paddle to the extreme west leg of Spider Lake
• The afternoon will be spent on setting up camp, exploring our new surroundings, and then sitting down to a relaxing dinner around the campfire.
Day 2: Rest Day
• Before breakfast we can enjoy a morning paddle with the loons, swim, or simply relax
• The rest of the day will be spent story telling, exploring, reading, and enjoying our time with nature.
Day 3: Spider Lake - Three Legged Lake
• After breakfast we will start to break camp
• After lunch we will return to Three Legged Lake via Spider
• 5km paddle to portage
• Portage 368m
• 2km paddle to take out point for approximately 3:00pm
• Load vehicles and return to the city
This trip can be altered in many ways. This is just a sample itinerary; the actual schedule is reflective of the needs of the group. If more time is needed for exploration, or hiking, your guide may choose to alter the itinerary slightly.
Click on package link below for additional information, rates, and registration.