- 6 Day Opeongo Lake
- Aug 18, 2013 - Aug 23, 2013
- Algonquin Provincial Park -
A comprehensive introduction to backcountry canoeing, the 6 Day Opeongo Lake trip is an extended wilderness adventure like none other. Our first two nights will be spent on Opeongo Lake, the first in the east arm and the second in Annie's Bay. After a scenic paddle down Opeongo River, we'll set up camp on Booth Lake and enjoy a well deserved day of rest and relaxation. From Booth Lake we'll head into Farm Lake for one last night of delectable backcountry dinning and campfire splendor.
Rate: $1,050.00 Cdn / person (plus HST)
Family, group and custom outfitting rates available upon request
Full Gear and Equipment Outfitting - Field tested by our staff, we only choose the industries best equipment for your adventure (canoe, tent, kitchens, etc)
Certified Wilderness Guide(s)
Full Menu Options - We source the very best locally/home grown, organic and nutritious ingredients for our menus
Trip Length: 6 Days
Trip Type: Linear
Skill Level: Intermediate
Total Distance Traveled: 45km
Number of Portages: 7
Longest Portage: 1140m
Average Portage Length: 397m
Day 1: Lake Opeongo (10:00am)
• Depart from south end of lake and travel north to campsite located between the north and east arm of Opeongo
Day 2: Opeongo - Annie Bay
• Pack up and leave site after breakfast and paddle across the east arm of Opeongo then south to Annie Bay. Camp for the evening at a site near the portage at south end of Annie Bay
Day 3: Annie Bay - Booth Lake
• Travel down through the Opeongo River and over a series of portages. Where the river turns into Tattler Lake we will set up camp for the evening between Booth and Tattler Lakes
Day 4: Rest Day
• This day will be spent exploring the area around camp, and taking a well deserved lounge in the hammocks.
Day 5: Booth Lake - Farm Lake
• Depart camp in the am. We will cross Booth, Kitty and then a final portage into Farm Lake. Once on Farm Lake we will set camp at the south end of the lake.
Day 6: Depart
• Pack up for the final morning and paddle a short distance to the take out.
This trip can be altered in many ways. It can be turned into a 5 day rather than a 6 day. Also, with advanced notice, a ranger cabin is available for rent for the final evening. We will do a vehicle shuffle prior to our departure, to arrange a vehicle at our take out point, as it is different than our put in.
- Algonquin Provincial Park
Click on package link below for additional information, rates, and registration.