- 3 Day Magnetawan Lake
- Apr 06, 2013 - Apr 08, 2013
- Algonquin Provincial Park -
The 3 Day Magnetawan Lake trip is perfect for the weekend adventurer looking to broaden their canoe tripping experience and further develop their backcountry skills. After traversing a small chain of lakes, we'll set up camp at the end of Ralph Bice Lake, where you'll have plenty of time to explore the surroundings on foot, or venture out for a short evening paddle.
Rate: $325.00 / person
Trip Length: 3 Days
Trip Type: Return
Skill Level: Beginner
Total Distance Traveled: 15km
Number of Portages: 6
Longest Portage: 1455m
Average Portage Length: 416m
Day 1: Magnetawan Lake - Ralph Bice Lake (10:00am)
• Arrive at access point and prepare for trip departure.
• Before departure, a discussion will be conducted by your guide(s) to review safe canoeing procedures, a short on the water session to show proper paddling techniques, followed by a breakdown of your day's itinerary.
• Depart from access point at east end of Magnetawan Lake. a short paddle east will lead us towards our first portage.
• Portage 135m to Hambone Lake
• 1km across Hambone will lead us to our final portage of the day, a 295m to Ralph Bice Lake
• Enjoy a floating lunch once on Ralph Bice
• From the portage camp is a 3km paddle away
• The afternoon will be spent setting up camp, exploring our new surroundings, and then sitting down to a relaxing dinner around the campfire.
Day 2: Ralph Bice Lake - Daisy Lake
• After breakfast we will start to break camp
• 2 - 3km paddle to portage our only portage of the day
• Portage 1455m to Daisy Lake
• 2km paddle our second camp
• The remainder of the day will be spent exploring the headwaters of the Petawawa River and relaxing around camp
Day 3: Daisy Lake - Magnetawan Lake
• After breakfast we will break camp, load the boats and prepare for our final days paddle
• Dependant upon water levels, we have three short portages before we end up back at our take out point on Magnetawan Lake
• Our take out time will be for approximately 3:00pm
• Load vehicles and return to the city
This trip can be altered in many ways. This is just a sample itinerary; the actual schedule is reflective of the needs of the group. If more time is needed for exploration, or hiking, your guide may choose to alter the itinerary slightly.
- Algonquin Provincial Park
Click on package link below for additional information, rates, and registration.